The Foundation Diploma is ideal for people with little industry experience, but who would like to gain practical knowledge and a sound qualification. It involves taking in the Introduction to Shipping paper plus one subject from the group 2 list of the optional papers from the Institute’s syllabus.
The Foundation Diploma is a standalone qualification in its own right, but because it can count towards your membership examinations it is also a great way to ease into study and gives you an overall view of the business. The Foundation Diploma is awarded if both subjects are passed in the same exam sitting.
The ICS Foundation Diploma comprises of two subjects: Introduction to Shipping, which is compulsory plus a Group 2 subject from the ICS PQE syllabus. (Both subjects must be passed in the same year of sitting the exams)
Introduction to Shipping
Economics of Sea Transport and International Trade
Legal Principles of Shipping Business
Dry Cargo Chartering
Ship Operation & Management
Ship Sale & Purchase
Logistics and Multi-modal Transport
Port and Terminal Management
Offshore Support Industry
- The ICS Foundation Diploma comprises of two subjects: Introduction to Shipping, which is compulsory plus a Group 2 subject from the ICS PQE syllabus. (Both subjects must be passed in the same year of sitting the exams).
- Cost= R6413.00 per subject i.e. R12 826.00 for the year excl. Vat
- Subscription fee= R316.94 per annum Incl. Vat
- Registration fee= R2700
- Exam registration fee= R2700 per academic year
- Early bird entry fee= R1980 (Nov and May exams), valid to 12/09/2022 per acedemic year
- Standard fee= R3380.00 for Nov and May exams
031 824 1388
Durban Office Staff
Sanisha Balmeek - Administration Officer
Ecinga Gwaza- Communication Coordinator